Consider Becoming a Member
C-FAHR welcomes researchers across the University of Utah who desire to collaborate on research projects concerning families and health across the lifespan. Potential members may be tenure-line faculty, clinical researchers, career-line faculty, and graduate students whose research interests align with C-FAHR's purpose and scope.
Benefits to Members
- Interact in an environment that will support and foster interdisciplinary research on families and health
- Eligibility for the Consortium-sponsored research grants and statistical consultation support
- Participation in Consortium-sponsored conferences and symposia
Expectations of Members
- Actively support and participate in Consortium-sponsored research seminars and an annual research symposium
- Engage in discussion regarding the creation of new, collaborative research programs
How to Become a Member:
Please submit a membership requests to the C-FAHR Executive Committee at C-FAHRfirstname.lastname@example.org. Membership requests will be reviewed by the C-FAHR Executive Committee at regular intervals. Membership status will be reviewed every three years to ensure the member's participation in C-FAHR and their academic interests warrant continued membership.
Faculty Affiliate Members
To become a Faculty Affiliate Member of C-FAHR, please submit a brief "Statement of Interest" and a recent NIH-style biosketch. See below for examples of biosketches. You may use the old or new NIH format for Biosketches.
Your Statement of Interest should not exceed 250 words and should:
- articulate how your research interests align with C-FAHR's purpose
- explain how you would benefit from membership
- describe how your membership would benefit the Consortium.
C-FAHR welcomes graduate students across the University of Utah who desire to collaborate on research projects concerning families and health across the lifespan. The consortium would also like to explore how we might develop or help facilitate interdisciplinary training and research opportunities for graduate students in the future.
To become a student member of C-FAHR, please submit an NIH-style biosketch (see above for examples and more details – we realize that a grad student biosketch will look different than the faculty examples), plus a brief Statement of Interest to the C-FAHR Executive Committee at C-FAHRemail@example.com.
Clinical Affiliate Member
C-FAHR welcomes clinical faculty and support services staff working with families in health care settings. Because these persons may not have a current biosketch, we ask that you fill out the following application form. Please submit to the C-FAHR Executive Committee at C-FAHRfirstname.lastname@example.org.